Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Enemies

In Psalm 3, David cries, "How many are my foes! How many rise up against me!" But I've never really felt like I had many enemies, and this Psalm has not been particularly meaningful to me as a result. In a way, I still don't feel like I have many enemies, but in the work that we do, we have many. Those people in power who abuse that power certainly are our enemies. By rescuing victims and working for better enforcement of laws, we weaken their power.


The problems here are so widespread that we can't even count our enemies, but I am sure many of them know us and hate us. We must be wise in what we can take on with our resources; yet, as David says: "I will not fear the tens of drawn up against me on every side.... From the LORD comes deliverance."

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Karen!!

    In my morning QT today, I was reminded of the work you/IJM and others do on behalf of the oppressed and how you're doing God's work!

    Psalm 10:16-18
    "The LORD is King for ever and ever;
    the nations will perish from his land.
    You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted;
    you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
    defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
    in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more."

    I miss you! Please say hi to Doug for us!
    Love, Jinhee

    ReplyDelete